PRESERVATION – RESTORATION AND VALORISATION OF
WOODEN CHURCHES PETRINDU ȘI CIZER.
Ministry of Culture – Project Management Unit, as Program Operator from the Program PA 16/RO12 ”Preservation and revitalization of cultural and natural patrimony” funded by the Financial Mechanism SEE 2009-2014, and The Administrative-Territorial Unite of Cluj County as beneficiary, signed the non-refundable financing Agreement no. LP7/18.12.2014, for the project PRESERVATION – RESTORATION AND HIGHLIGHTING OF WOODEN CHURCHES PETRINDU ȘI CIZER.
The general objective is the valorisation of historical monuments from the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania – Section in open air, respectively the restoration and preservation of wooden churches Petrindu and Cizer, in view of increasing attractiveness for tourists in Cluj County and in Transylvania.
1. Valorisation of historical monuments Wooden Churches Petrindu and Cizer by restoration and preservation.
2. Increasing the tourist potential of Cluj County by illustration of tourist circuit of rehabilitated cultural patrimony from the Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania – Section in open air – wooden churches Petrindu and Cizer.
3. Strengthening of bilateral relationships between a local public authority and a cultural entity from Romania ad a Norwegian NGO of urban architecture in view of valorising the local cultural patrimony.
1. Project Management
2. Public Procurement
3. Information and advertising
4. Protection, restoration, preservation and valorisation of wooden churches, including the indoor paintings
5. Landscaping arrangement for valorisation of the space around the churches
7. Organisation of international contest of solutions
lei 4.286.379 (EUR 969,659.31)
- 2 restored and conserved historical monuments, reopened for the touristic circuit,
- The increase of the tourists’ number
- The development of the local community
- The development of an international relationship
- The promotion of the project on its website and on those of the partners
- The Master Development Plan of the Museum of Ethnography drawn up by the partner’s experts from Norway
The project was promoted through:
- 400 project promotion brochures which were distributed: within the workshops by the National Centre for Tourism Information and Promotion of Cluj, at the Romanian Tourism Fair ROMEXPO, the edition of autumn 2015, and to the visitors of the Transylvanian Museum of Ethnography – open-air section after the completion of the works
- 1 movie about the objectives of the project (which was posted on the website of the project, of the County Council of Cluj cjcluj.ro , of the Transylvanian Museum of Ethnography www.muzeul-etnografic.ro , of the National Centre for Tourism Information and Promotion of Cluj www.cniptcluj.ro ,on the website created within the “Cluj- cultural landscape” project http://www.clujulpeisajcultural.ro/ , on the premises of ”Avram Iancu” Airport of Cluj, as well as at the headquarters of the County Council of Cluj).
- A website of the project http://woodenchurchesofcluj.com/
- 2 conferences, one for the launching and the other one for the completion of the project
- 2 temporary plaques (which were mounted at the completion of the restauration of the 2 objectives)
- 2 permanent advertising plaques (which were mounted after the completion of the works)
- 2 press releases (a press release at the beginning of the works and another at their completion)
The Partner Nordic Urban Design Association (NUDA) promoted the project in Norway and in social networks.
The period of implementation of the project has a length of 29 months: 19th December 2014 – 30th April 2017.
Conditions and assessment criteria of the international contest of solutions to extend "Romulus Vuia" Ethnographic Park
March 7th, 2017